"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

gorgeous, smashing, marvelous, and other adjectives of that sort

Today was a bad day for me. I had really, truly hoped that I would be able to get into Fashion Week today, and of course, it didn't happen. Right now I'm sulking like a toddler who didn't get any candy. I probably could be a bit more mature about it, but I don't feel like it.

What was worse was that I had memorized the show schedule for today, so at random intervals during the day, I would say, Milly is starting now... they're probably getting seated for Michael Kors about now... I bet Nanette Lepore is starting soon.... No one else had any idea what I was talking about, so it was rather like I was talking to myself.

So here is what I missed today from Nanette Lepore.

3

It looks so warm. I love the fake see- through lace top, because it's so elegant yet, it's a shirt, so it's casual. I'm getting a Scottish vibe from both the skirt and bag. I want to see this on a six foot tall redhead holding hands with an even bigger Scottish redhead with bagpipes. I think I'm probably feeling a little dramatic today. The way that just a little bit of the tule sticks out from the dress is marvelous. It makes that plaid more feminine.
5

This feels medieval to me for some reason, in a really, really, good way. I think that it probably is the red velvet tunic, and the way it is belted in the middle. I think that the long pendant and the boots are a part of this too. The long, tweed coat is so full of all these warm colors that just make me feel happy. I like the shoulder pads too, as it makes it that much more knight-ish.
1718

I LOVE VELVET. The draping and texture of the fabric is so lux and sophisticated. I like the way that it flows down, and how it has different lengths. The combination of the fabric and the draping is like a waterfall, so soft and flowing.

I'm feeling terribly left out of the fashion world right now, so I think I'll go and sit with my face to the wall, wallowing in self pity. Or will I act my age and get over it? Probably not.

(photos from mbfashionweek.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message.