"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

the secret garden

I was on style.com looking for some interesting floral dresses,(I'm so cool that I do that in my spare time) because it is so dreary that I can barely stand myself, and that would cheer me up. Silly me, I thought that it would be getting warmer soon because of the 50 degree weather last week, but it snowed. Again.

So anyway, the dresses. I ended up falling in love with the Balenciaga spring 2008 ready to wear show. The entire collection is comprised of these dresses and skirts in every color and print imaginable, and some that aren't.

I apologize for the picture overload, but I just couldn't manage to contain myself.

Balenciaga Spring 2008 Ready-to-WearBalenciaga Spring 2008 Ready-to-WearBalenciaga Spring 2008 Ready-to-Wear

Ahhh. I'm having difficulty expressing my love for these, because I can't seem to find words. They have the most amazing prints, they make me feel like I'm IN a flower garden in Brussels or something. Like the Secret Garden. Was that in England? I'm not sure.

The impeccable structure and tailoring on them makes it appear that they could carry themselves. Even the shape of them reminds me of flowers.
.
Balenciaga Spring 2008 Ready-to-WearBalenciaga Spring 2008 Ready-to-WearBalenciaga Spring 2008 Ready-to-WearBalenciaga Spring 2008 Ready-to-Wear

I'm not really sure why, but I get an oriental feel from these. I think that it may be the structure, or the shoulders. I LOVE THE SHOULDERS!!! They aren't just padded, the defy gravity, which is pretty intense if you ask me. I also find the length of these quite attractive, even though they are almost scary short, because the volume can make up for it. They definitely don't come off as scanky.

Balenciaga Spring 2008 Ready-to-Wear

POM POMS!!!! OVERSIZED POM POMS!!!! These make me want to be a cheerleader, just so I could steal some extra pom poms and attach them to the shoulders of my dresses. But then, I would have to be a cheerleader, which simply would not work.

Balenciaga Spring 2008 Ready-to-WearBalenciaga Spring 2008 Ready-to-Wear

These just make me happy, simple as that. They are so outwardly conservative, yet intriguing. It looks as though there may or may not be some crinkle- like texture to it, but as I have only a picture, it's hard to tell if that's not just the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message.