"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

my wedding dress

I want to get married now just so that I can wear this Marchesa spring 2010 dress.

Marchesa Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear
I almost feel like it it two dresses morphed together, but it works magnificently. The top is simple, elegant, and sheer. I am captivated by the way that the top has those nice little cap sleeves of what looks like lace. I also like the way that it really only covers what is necessary with the strips of fabric, and how it makes up its own neckline. How very unique.

The bottom is so hugely voluminous and flower-like. The skirt reminds me of a white rose, which is quite appropriate for a wedding dress when you think about it. I'm even okay with the way that the top and the bottom don't have a fluid connection, because it makes it so much more architectural and sculpted.

I will wear this dress on my wear this on my wedding day, when I marry Robert Pattinson in that cobblestone village in France that seems so romantic. I will. You watch.

3 comments:

  1. i am going to wear a modified version of this dress to my second wedding.....like it or lump it. i will modify the neckline and shorten the hemn and perhaps order it in a shade of pink. and then we can both wear our marchesas out for coffee. love, me

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have looked everywhere for the retail on that dress....mog thinks it is way too girly for you. so i will wear it to wedding #2

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, no you aren't because I called it. I found it, therefore it is mine. Too bad.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message.