"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

i wonder how they sleep at night

I have been perusing the fashion shows from this week, and I am greatly disappointed to see that some of the designers I had huge respect for have been using fur in their designs.

Marc Jacobs Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearMarc Jacobs Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
Marc Jacobs

Malandrino Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearMalandrino Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
Malandrino

When designers use fur, it just kills me, because they are supporting a cause that is so evil. I hope that they think about the thousands of animals who will lose their lives so that they can be put on a piece of clothing that will be worn maybe once. What gives them the right to brutally slaughter and torture animals that could have a life, just so they can have their fur walk down a runway to better their career? I wonder if they think about the countless mink, foxes, raccoons, and chinchillas that are brutally electrocuted to death by their hand. I have lost a great amount of respect for these fur-using designers.

People are the other problem. This is a woman that we photographed while in Canada. That is a dead, stuffed raccoon on her head, along with the rest of its fur on her hat. I am disgusted with people at this point. Fur is such a symbol of wealth and extravagance that I think people find it more attractive, when, in fact, it is as ugly as a dead raccoon strapped to your head. Perhaps these wealthy people think that they have the right to take the lives of all these animals, because they have money and power, and that their fur will make others respect them more. Well, it's had the opposite affect on me. It took all my willpower not to spit on this woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message.