"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

AB FAB

Last night, after learning that school would be canceled, I was watching re-runs of the British TV show, Absolutely Fabulous. At first, I thought that it was a work out tape, because of the way it's abbreviated, AB FAB.

For those of you who aren't aware of the 90's show, it's about Edina and Patsy, two 40-ish women who are incredibly over the top dramatic and fabulous. I thought they were incredibly fashionable. They enjoy drinking and smoking quite a bit, as well. I only got to watch the first three episodes though, because it was too chick-y for my brother.













Quotes I found amusing...

Edina-I mean what you two seem to understand is that inside of me, inside of me, there is a thin person just screaming to get out!
Mother- Just the one dear?

Saffy- You've been getting dressed for three hours and you still look like a bloated citrus fruit!


I tried to find pictures of some of their outfits, but I turned up pretty unsuccessful, which is upsetting, because a lot of them were absolutely fabulous. Perhaps I'll try again tomorrow... I think that I will watch the rest of the season tonight, anyway.

If we can manage it through the snow tomorrow, we are going to Canada tomorrow at five or six in the morning. The drive is supposed to take 8-10 hours. Not happy. I think that I'll just pass the time learning more French on my tapes. I named the voices Jacque and Fleur,(after Fleur Delacor, yes). I can now say basic sentences. Kinda.

I think that I'll also try to check out style.com to see if they maybe have the footage from the shows at Fashion Week tomorrow. I'm so excited that it's starting, and I think that I may be able to see one on Wednesday if I'm lucky and my dad can make it happen.

Au revior!

1 comment:

Please leave a message.