"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Monday, February 15, 2010

R.I.P.

I didn't get to write anything this week because I was in Canada, and luckily enough, there was no internet access, so no writing for me. We were in Mont Tremblant, and it was gorgeous, but I don't want to talk about that now.

My grandmother dearest saved me all of the newspaper coverage of Fashion Week, because I was totally out of the loop in Canada. I was sifting through it when I saw an article about Alexander McQueen. For those of you who don't know, he committed suicide.

Alexander McQueen Fall 2007 Ready-to-Wear

He was responsible for some of the most mind blowing designs that just took my breath away. What he did was so perfect and beautiful, it made you question all things that could be done in fashion, because no one else ever has been able to create anything like it. His work gave people who appreciated it an insight into the mind of a genius, and what really could be produced by humans. After looking at some of his collections, particularly his last one, I was inspired just by looking at it from the computer screen. I wish he could've stayed with us longer, so that we could have a bit more of his artistic vision, but what we do have from him is incredible, and I just feel lucky to be able to have seen his work in one form or another.

1 comment:

Please leave a message.