"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Another Ms. X Blurb


This was my outfit. A Ruthie dress and matching belt, Fogal tights, (non-visible from this photo- Jeffery Campbell boots) and, of course, the Ralph Lauren suede jacket from the beloved Ms. X. I don't know why, but I refuse to take the tags off. It's like I'm afraid she's suddenly going to become a medical miracle and wake from the dead- demanding her jacket back. I wouldn't want to upset her by informing her that one of her pieces of clothing had actually been worn! (Gasp!) So the tag stays on.

I think I'm becoming a bit fixated on Ms. X. I'm beginning to become somewhat of a detective about her life, who she was, and why she bought so many clothes she never wore. I'm getting clues. Like, the other day- while going through her jackets for what felt like the umpteenth time, I found a hair. She had black hair. Not dark brown. Black. I've never met someone with pure black hair before. The only people I can think of like that is Harry Potter and Snape. Could this mean she was a witch????

It would make sense, when you think about it. She was interested in muggle clothing and bought copious amounts of them, to study. This explains why she never wore them. There's a conspiracy going on here, and I'm determined to figure it out.

One thing I don't want to know about her is her name. That would take away all the mystery and glamour of Ms. X. What if she had a common name, like, say, Kim Jones? That would ruin it for me. A muggle clothing -obsessed witch by the name of Kim Jones? I don't think so. She would become so much more real with that sort of name- and I'm not sure I'm emotionally ready for that. She's better left unnamed, it's far more mysterious and dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message.