"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

er... bonjour? i want...er...croissant

I now regret giving up on Fleur and Jacque, my bodiless French teachers. I'm just too ADD, honestly. There is nothing I can do about it. I must accept that I am- and most likely always will be- but a lowly American. Depressing, when you think about it. Well, when I think about it. I'm sure you don't mind in the slightest- my lack of Europeanness. But, at least, had I continued on with Jacque and Fleur, I could have lied a bit more convincingly.

I'm getting off topic with my meaningless mumbling.

I've been looking up rates to Paris ( for what feels like forever but must've only been a week or two), and it seems like that is becoming tangible. Needless to say, I'm beside myself with excitement, and I'm already beginning to plan outfits in my head for a trip that probably won't happen for months. It's a bit difficult though. Although I've never been anywhere out of the Americas, I have enough knowledge of French style to know that I can't dress a certain way, or I might as well wear a big sign around my neck that declares me a tourist.

The French have been blessed with many things I so dearly admire. One is that they have God-given style. It's not fair, and it's not right, but they have it- and we don't. I mustn't look like I'm trying too hard while I'm there, as none of them never have to try at all. They can just throw something together, jeans, a cardigan, t-shirt, and sneakers- and it looks mind-bogglingly fabulous. I'm sorry, but Americans simply cannot do that. We can wear the same thing as a French person, and it'll look fair, but we can't style it the same. It's difficult for me to explain, but it's easy to see.

For example: There were French exchange students that came to school today (I was more excited than I am ready to admit) and even the boys stuck out like a sore thumb- to pardon my cliche. They're so... so... European. And I will say, I'm jealous.
f and when I go to France, I shall be frequenting the tourist-y places such as the Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower, even though I will try not to look like a tourist)


If you think I'm going to France without looking at the Chanel store, you are seriously mistaken

I also hear that there are marvelous little boutiques and consignment shops in Paris. I'd like to go in them- at least, but I'm not sure the funds are all in order for shopping. Still, I'm not leaving without something French. Not even if you dragged me by my hair.
(photos from the google)

3 comments:

  1. Drew, you should be taking French! And i know how you feel, i desperately wish i was British :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha , yeah stupid choice for spanish... good luck with the english!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi your brother told me about your website yesterday when he was over at my house and i just wanted to say YOUR HILARIOUS !!!!!!! and that i am going to paris, london,italy and i to am a shopoholic so if you wanted me to take pics i would be glad to oh i'm Caroline Peters bro

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message.