"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

do re me fa sol la ti do ti la sol fa mi re do

Don't pay attention to the title, I've just had that stuck in my head since chorus... and it's driving me into madness. I just had to write it somewhere to get it out of my head.

Had to get my hair cut again today. It grows like a weed, but only when it's short. When I actually wanted it to grow, it refused. It's like my very own hair is trying to work against me. I feel so betrayed. You know what else I feel betrayed by? The weather. I was really warming up to this heat, and I have been moaning over it all winter- so it feels like a soccer punch to the stomach when it's in the LOW FIFTIES THIS WEEK! A little heat is all I ask, and I can't even get that.

Aaaaaaaand, to add to my list of grievances, which is basically what this is becoming, I took all my pretty shorts and skirts out of storage and now I can't wear them. Woe is me.

Which brings me to my topic: Jumpsuits/ Rompers

Roland Mouret Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear
Roland Mouret
ChloƩ Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear
Chloe

I happen to adore these long jumpsuits, although they can sometimes resemble prison uniforms. Also, they are really hard to go to the bathroom in, since the top of the garment has to be taken down as well as the bottom in order to, yeah- unless you buy yours from a clever, bathroom- minded designer, of course. Just thought that was vital information that you simply needed to know.

Valentino Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear
Valentino
Karl Lagerfeld Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear
Karl Lagerfeld
Azzaro Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear
Azzaro

Honestly, the short ones are my favorites. The first two really embody that spritely feeling in their length and cut which I die over a million times. Rompers without straps, especially the Karl Lagerfeld scream perfection to me- although it doesn't really obey the "dress code" at school. For one thing, the model's finger tips aren't shorter than the shorts end, and there's no straps. And it looks far too happy. She'd have to go to her gym locker and change. To make it more "school appropriate" I'd put simple a t-shirt under it to dress it down or a frilly white blouse underneath to dress it up. Eyelet. I'm beginning to salivate.
My past experiences with rompers were terrifying and I'd like to bury that in my past, if you don't mind. I bought a really super cheap one at the mall- and lets just say that it will now be a beach cover-up. Urg. Shiver.

I'd like to get a new one, actually... there was one at the marvelous Anthropology the other day.... but I mustn't tempt myself.

1 comment:

  1. I just bought my sister a papaya colored romper from Crew Cuts she wanted. Phew... it was pricey... but she's my sister... and it's once a year.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message.