"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Friday, April 2, 2010

happy happy colors

I spend a good five hours so far today peeling carrots, cutting carrots, and mixing carrots into my carrot cake that is supposed to be for Easter, but most certainly will not last that long. Right now, I'm pretty irritated with baby carrots. They are too wet once you get them out of the fridge, and they slip around in your hands when you're trying to peel them. This has resulted in several cuts on my hands. Baby carrots are also too small, and they remind me of amputated baby fingers. It isn't very enjoyable to sit in the sun peeling what looks like baby fingers after a severe spray tan.

Actually, the one thing I don't hate about the baby carrots is the color. Orange. It's my favorite color, and a very appropriate color to be wearing today because of the happy spring-ness that we will probably enjoy for another week before it rains again. Orange is a happy color, unlike purple, which is, in fact, the color of insanity... and royalty. I find it interesting how those things are related.

Anyway, the first thing that comes to my mind when thinking about orange in fashion is, well the Hermes (excuse the lack of accent) boxes that everyone wishes they will someday find on their front doorstep, left by the handbag fairies or something. At least, that's what I wish.

I also, for some reason, think of those neon orange jelly Tory Burch flats. I don't even know why. And so I went on the website to see if they still have them, just for curiosity's sake. Although, I often struggle with accessories that have labels stamped across them. It always seems garish to me.

I like these though. Even though everyone and their mother owns a pair. Correction: everyone and their mother owns a pair of the leather ballet flats. These must be a lot more comfortable, as their rubber, which is appealing, though I usually don't go for comfort over style. They are almost Croc-like in the way that you could walk all day in them without getting one blister.

Although, while going through all of her shoes, the clogs stood out far more than these. I would choose those over that any day, even though they don't come in my happy color. This will be a necessary improvement.


They do come in gold, though. Close enough.




1 comment:

  1. hey Drew!
    just to let you know, there's someone else with a blog exactly like yours. like it's very much the same. yes, she's on our team.
    it's aimee m.
    you should look at it...its called rawfashionrecruit.blogspot.com.
    happy easter! have fun making the carrot cake!
    -haley

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message.