"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Jenna Lyons

(photo credit to the neotraditionalist,com)

This is the exact same clipping that I ripped out of a Town and Country magazine some time last summer. I actually kept it, and I could find it, which is amazing considering all the random papers strewn all over my room.

She's the creative director of J. Crew, and I found her beginnings in the fashion industry very inspirational. Her grandmother gave her a sewing machine when she was a teenager, and she started to make her own clothes. Then, she graduated from Parsons The New School for Design (helloo) and then joined J. Crew, where she's been working for 20- odd years. You probably know her best from the "Jenna's Picks" that are sometimes on the walls in the stores and throughout the catalog.

I don't want to sound really egotistical or narcissistic or cocky or anything, but it's going to look like that anyway, so I was just thinking that she sounds a little like me. I mean, my grandma gave me my sewing machine, and I make clothes too. And I really want to go to Parson's too. I can only hope to be as successful as her though.

1 comment:

Please leave a message.