"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

my fairy godmother has granted my wish



My mother went to a dead woman's house today to go through her clothing to see if she could sell any of it at the Bring n' Buy. It would be an incredible understatement to tell you that she found some lovely things. When she came home from work, she had a car full of garments that must have totaled over $100,000. I am not even joking. This woman, whoever she was, was clearly a hoarder, but my favorite type of hoarder- a couture hoarder. I don't know her, or her name even, so for the time being she will be referred to as Ms. X

There were piles after piles after piles of Armani suits. Over thirty, easily. And all of them were paid in full at Neiman Marcus and Saks. She clearly was not one to shop the clearance racks. In fact, I hear she was so sick, she never left the house, so it must've been online shopping. And I guess she never got to wear anything, because nearly every piece of her clothing my grubby
little fingers touched still had the tags on.

Photographic Evidence:
I spent all afternoon loading these bags and boxes full of Ms. X's clothes. They were heavy.



Armani jacket, below- one of many. The price tag? $3,499.

My mom in an Armani leather jacket. Paid in full, of course.


ME, with some of Ms. X's D&G sunglasses. Receipt was in the case.

I thought I had a issue with collecting shoes. Ms. X had- in all sincerity- a PROBLEM. All her shoes were Jimmy Choo, Ferragamo, Stuart Weitzman, Prada,... and so on. All with tags, all unworn. The most action these shoes had seen was me screaming when I opened the boxes. And there were probably twenty boxes. According to my mom, this wasn't even 1/10 of what she still has to get from the house. I'm excited. It's too bad she wasn't my size...


Ahhhh, the boxes. The boxes, the boxes, the boxes. There were Hermes scarves falling out of bags all over my driveway today- it was as though I was in a marvelous dream that I never wanted to wake up from. I certainly wasn't even close to getting a scarf, but still, a magical experience.



I was allowed one jacket. One. The rest are going to the huge B&B extravaganza estate sale which I plan to work so that I can collect pieces as well. Anyway, this is Ralph Lauren Black Label. Black. Label. Dear lord. It's yet another purchase of Ms. X's from Neimans for a whopping $1,999. I lose my breath a little bit every time I look at it. The suade is so supple, and it fits me perfectly.


Honestly, for a little while, I was a bit disturbed about touching a dead woman's things, but I got over it once I realized what a good shopper she had been, and I began to lust over her clothing. Oh, and guess what the best part about this experience is? We still have to go back and get a few more closets full of clothing!!! Flipping out.

3 comments:

Please leave a message.