"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Saturday, April 10, 2010

MANNISH!!! ROAR!!!

Today was comprised mainly of writing paragraphs for an english project and sitting,twiddling my thumbs in the car on the way back and forth from Edwin's soccer games. And I didn't change out of my pajamas yet today. I feel so dingy and gross because I went out of the house like this, but then I don't really care too much. It's kinda cold again, unfortunately, I was really starting to get used to sitting outside instead of in the corner of my room and doing homework. Stupid nature, ruining my fun.

So while doing nothing, basically, all day, I was thinking about Dr. Martens. When I say Dr. Martens, I mean the boots. I can't seem to decide whether or not I think they are appealing or not. Sometimes I think they are for tasteless goths or industrial workers, and they are suited more for practical purposes than fashion. Then, every once in a while, though, I see someone wear them- and i just looks, for lack of a better word, cool.
1460 Cashlin 8 Eye Boot1460 Cashlin 8 Eye Boot1460 Cashlin 8 Eye Boot1460 8 Eye Boot1460 8 Eye Boot(photos from dr.martens.com)

They can come off as a quirky sort of bohemian type look, which may be why they may be growing on me a little bit. With a proper outfit accompanying them, they might not entirely look as though you have lost your mind.

My issue, however, with them is the sole. It is too big and mannish. I don't particularly care for big and mannish, especially on something that goes on my feet. They are work boots, work boots that are designed especially for that construction worker who likes a little color in his life. I have difficulty seeing these for women once I see the sole. IF they changed the sole to be less mannish, I would be more fond towards these. Will they listen to me though? No.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message.