"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Saturday, April 24, 2010

loves diamonds, platinum, and sky-high prices

To come out and admit it, I am a Tiffany's junkie. It's one of those masochistic loves, a single sided adoration. You see, no matter how much I pour my heart out to Tiffany's, how many times I stare at the web pages, checking for new products, or wander mindlessly around the store, the prices remain hopelessly out of reach. I know that it is unattainable, yet I continue to stalk those pieces of jewelry like a serial killer.

I, as any other respectable Tiffany groupie would, use their website to find the perfect engagement ring every few days (in case the opinion changes...), but the one that I typically stick to is this one:

It's an Edwardian, cushion cut, platinum ring with graduated side stones. I will pair it with the 2mm platinum band with diamonds all around, for an absolutely stunning combination.
There is one problem with my plan. You can't get engaged to yourself- so I will actually have to wait for someone to propose. And God knows how long that could take. Also, even if, by some miracle, that happens, how am I supposed to stamp it into the unfortunate man's mind the ring he needs to give me? I know I won't be too cheery for the rest of the marriage if I have to look at anything else on my finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message.