"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Monday, April 26, 2010

bragging session- so if you're not in the mood for that, i suggest you go elsewhere on the inter-web

As I have previously blurbed, I'm going to Parsons this summer (August 2nd, actually) for their Pre- College Fashion Design program. I'm more excited than... well, I can't think of a proper analogy to describe my feelings. I feel this is justified. I mean, this is where the Project Runway people worked for months! This was where the likes of Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Anna Sui, Donna Karan, and MORE were educated! Those people have greatness (to speak the obvious...), and I am going where they got a bit of their greatness! For two weeks! What if I sit where Marc sat? I would die. D-I-E, die. What if his greatness rubbed from the table onto me? AHHH!!! I digress.

This is what it says about my program on the website, copy and pasted.
Fashion Design, Senior Level (Grades 9-12) PCAC0607
A 20 session(s). MTWRF, 9:00 AM-3:50 PM, beg. August 2.
CLOSED FOR REGISTRATION
Faculty TBA

In this course a professional designer helps students visualize and render fashion ideas from research to the final illustrations. The class discusses the fashion industry and students learn to recognize the qualities of a well designed garment. Field trips and visiting professionals inform students on processes, trends, and careers in fashion. (0 credits)

Visiting professionals, you say? I had a dream the other day that I was there and Diane von Furstenberg came- she proclaimed that I was her new apprentice. We then set off to get cappuccinos, where she told me her secret to success and we gabbed like schoolgirls. I don't think that it'll go like that though- and even if it did, I would have a total nerd moment like I did when Alexander Wang was ten feet away from me last year. I couldn't talk for an hour, I just kept staring like some sort of supreme dork (which, I remind, myself, I am).

I'm a little nervous about the actual designing of the garments though. I mean, I have a sketch book and everything where I draw stuff, but to actually share it with other humans? Bizarre. My drawing skills aren't exactly, err, masterful, and there are going to be high-school seniors there with a boat-load of experience! How to stand out among them??? I haven't a blessed clue.

But look at the times! Every day for two weeks, from 9-3:50! I'll be in the city all day! This is exactly what I want- I'll get to explore Manhattan properly! Dear Lord, a break from suburbia will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message.