"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Sunday, March 7, 2010

this is so totally not fashion related but i have to share it anyway

Yesterday was my brother, Edwin's birthday, and because he loves that TLC show, Cake Boss, we drove all the way to Hoboken to get him a cake. Cake Boss is also a fetish of mine, so I was equally excited. I mean, they make the most delicious looking cakes on TV! But I was really hoping for was that they would just leave out scraps of the modeling chocolate and fondant as samples. Don't you agree that they are always wasting the extra ingredients when they're making a cake? I would give my left big toe for a piece of their modeling chocolate that they throw out!

We forgot, however, that the Irish are currently in their St. Patty's Day celebration mode, and so the entire city was clogged up with drunken morons wearing green feather boas. The bakery was equally full of them.


IT"S MAGDELENA!!!! I SAW HER!!! I WAS MAYBE TWO FEET AWAY FROM HER!!! I'm still in disbelief. She was really nice, actually. Edwin knocked over all their business cards, and she didn't yell at him. We also saw Mary and Buddy's mom, but they were moving around too fast to take a proper picture. I had really been hoping to see Buddy, but he was nowhere to be found.


That was Edwin's cake. Please note the past tense. Edwin could barely wait for me to take the photo before digging into it. I had a piece too, and I've never had anything so perfect. I don't even like that kind of cake, but it was soooooooooooooo good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message.