"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Monday, March 22, 2010

MOOD FABRICS






March is miserable, there are ZERO days off school and the weather is so weirdly in-between winter, spring, and summer. I needed a day off. Today, I uh, took a mental health day and went to the city. It rained. Figures.

We went to Mood Fabrics, which I have been dying to go to ever since I started watching Project Runway and began to sew.

Let me set the scene, because it is just so dramatic and glamourous.
Mood is in a really old building, and it is on the third floor. In the elevator, there is some guy in a doorman's suit who has to physically stop it and open the doors.

When you actually walk in, it's surreal, at least for a nerd like me. It is just aisle after aisle after aisle of fabrics. There were three floors, and the walls of yards of fabric were two times taller than me. I was, to be cliche, like a kid in a candy shop, meandering around, and making sure to touch absolutely every fabric that I come near.

I was beside myself, there was way too much beautiful fabric for me to get my head around.

They also had, like, three walls of buttons and and ENTIRE corner devoted entirely to trims. I died. Just died.

I didn't buy anything, since I had no real, vision or anything for a garment, but I did debate for maybe a half hour about whether or not to get some of that crazily soft jersey.

The people in the store were inspiring by themselves. There was this one, maybe 70ish man walking around in skinny jeans, a leather jacket, and black Doc Martins. We don't have people like that in Ridgefield, they would be shunned from our boring society or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message.