"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

new york state of mind

I miss the city. I know I was there just yesterday and I should be happy I went at all, but I'm greedy. It's so different there. Even though it was raining, there were still hoards of people outside- trudging through the puddles with their chic little clear umbrellas going about business as usual. It may be dark and wet and depressing, but they have a different state of mind than those in suburbia, there is still tons of energy, even on bleak days like these. Yeah, we don't work that way in Ridgefield. Everyone rushes to the Stop and Shop before it rains and loads up on food before the rain, because they somehow suspect that a little rain will stop them from coming back tomorrow, and their families will be starved. We all tend to hole up in our houses and drink decaffeinated tea all afternoon (as caffeinated will stunt my growth) because we cancelled all plans. And even if we decided to go out, a) there is nothing here to do, since we have maybe 30 stores in total and b) there is no one to do nothing with, since it's a ghost town.

You see my position? I miss the city, and I'm in the mood to complain.

There is, however, one thing I couldn't dream of moaning about today. Imagine my surprise when I came home to find the EXACT pair of oxfords that I have been dreaming about laying on my bed. At first, I thought it to be a mirage, how could something so dreamily perfect be in my possession? Well, they are, and I've been wearing them around the house ever since finding them.

They're Ralph Lauren, and have the exact scholarly feeling I have been yearning for. You can see through the sides, which is interesting, and they also have those intricate hole leather details that remind me of older men's loafers. I will wear them with everythin
g, and I mean it.

I'm off to do a sun dance now...

4 comments:

  1. Hey Drew!
    Like i explained in chorus(gag) , i would check out your blog. It is in fact very impressive! I agree probably 1000% with this post. I feel the same way you do. Hating our small mainstream, if you will, town. I've been begging my parents for the past few months now if we could move to London. I know this is a totally ridiculous request, but i figured, 'hey why not? I'll take a stab at it!' Outcome=not good. It was a negative. Then i proceeded to ask if we could then move to Brooklyn (Williamsburg). Know of it? Probably! It's the greatest! That was another negatory… I was losing hope, I just knew that i wanted, wait wait, NEEDED, to get out of this town. Maybe Boston or Philadelphia? No matter which city, i just know i NEED the city. I'm a city girl, an urban girl, a 'hipster', not a suburban girl at all. I was made for the city, and i know that's the truth. I can tell you are totally the same. Also… trust me, i am not one of those "ohhh emmm geee, i LOVEEE fashion!!' girls. Because those girls are really just posers (offensive i know), but their idea of fashion is Abercrombie Jeans, Uggs, North Face, Hollister Shirt, etc. etc… And all that really makes me PAHUKE. I strongly believe that a girl/ guy probably would look completely better dressed in vintage clothing and shoes from the salvation army rather then head to toe designer. And by designer i mean Abercrombie, Hollister, Delia's, etc. NOT designers like Dior, Chanel, Ralph Lauren, Ksubi, Jeremy Scott, Alexander McQueen(R.I.P.), and many more. -These designers i adore, but not dressed in them head to toe at one time. Now that i have totally gotten off topic and discussed my life story with you(kidding, kidding), I wanted to tell you, this blog is great! Really great! It seems so tough when there's so many other incredibly popular bloggers out there like Tavi, Cory Kennedy, Alma Luna, and many more that i can't remember the name of but are quite famous because i've seen them in magazines like NYLON(FAVORITE!), and others. All of those bloggers have to start somewhere, just like you, and I (I'm officially starting my blog after spring break when my polaroid camera film arrives- i can only find it on the internet!) Anyways, time will pass and more readers will arrive, keep blogging! By the way, I LOVE the shoes, like i said in school. I've been meaning to buy a pair of oxfords for so long now, but i'm not sure whether to get classic black and white, or a different color combination. I'd love it if you emailed me because my blog isn't really comment-able. My email is sebenti14@gmail.com .
    Well, chow for now.
    Love Sarah.
    P.S. Sorry for this monster of a comment. I type like a mad man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Uh wow, that was hugely gigantic, and thanks. I agree entirely with all of what you said, basically. Ridgefield is boring. Good luck with your blog, too, its really kind-of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! and if you read this send me your blog address when you make it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message.