"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Friday, March 12, 2010

i'm sorry for my little blast from the past

I have to talk about this even though it is so very old. I was reading W Magazines from 2006, and I saw this collection from Alexander McQueen, the Widows of Culloden collection. It gives me goosebumps.

However, I can't figure out how to paste a video onto here because I am technologically challenged, so you have to go to this link to see it. Please do.
http://alexandermcqueen.com/int/en/corporate/archive2006_aw_womens.aspx

Goodness! Where to begin???? First of all, I would like to make note of the miraculous headdresses of feathers. They remind me of the scene in Harry Potter 3, where Neville's boggart turns into Snape wearing his grandmother's clothing, because there is always a Harry Potter reference for everything.

Alexander McQueen Fall 2006 Ready-to-WearAlexander McQueen Fall 2006 Ready-to-WearAlexander McQueen Fall 2006 Ready-to-WearAlexander McQueen Fall 2006 Ready-to-WearAlexander McQueen Fall 2006 Ready-to-WearAlexander McQueen Fall 2006 Ready-to-Wear


They are very Victorian-inspired, I can tell. They have those high collars, thick ,heavy fabrics, but incredible elegance. And ruffles. He also went back to his Scottish roots with all the tartan skirts, dresses and kilts. I can find nothing that is negative to say about this.


And my favorites:


Alexander McQueen Fall 2006 Ready-to-WearAlexander McQueen Fall 2006 Ready-to-WearAlexander McQueen Fall 2006 Ready-to-Wear


Speechless. There is such an incredible elegance about all these women, even though one of them has a veil hanging around her face, held up by branches.


I wish he hadn't died, there was so much more for us to see from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message.