"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

slightly dumbfounded

Sorry, my internet has been messed up for a few days, so I couldn't post anything without getting infuriated. But before I will talk about some sort of clothing infatuation I'm having, I would like to take a brief moment to revel in the weather. SUN, there is. This weekend it was full- on winter weather, and now, it's almost 65, I think. This makes me happy and joyful and annoying because I am best at finding bad adjectives and these are all good ones. This concludes my weather comments for the day.

I'm not sure if this comes as a shock to anyone else, or if I just have my head buried so far underground that I haven't heard, but Tory Burch isn't an actual designer. She's more of a stylist, and she has "ideas" that she passes on to her design team, and they come up with the collection. Bothered? I am. I don't know why exactly, maybe it's because I feel like the designer is where all the talent lies, but I don't respect her as much as I used to.

Of course, she never claimed to be a designer, so it's not like I can call her a liar or anything. And I guess she is the brains behind the ascetic of the line, but you know, it just bothers me that those pieces of clothing that millions slave over didn't technically come from her. Is it weird to say that I feel like the designs don't have as much integrity in my mind, now that I know that they came from a design team rather than the woman who takes credit and fame?

Probably.

Tory Burch Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear
spring/summer 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message.