"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

fuzzy wuzzy was a bear...

At first I thought Chanel must have killed hundreds of mink, just to put together this show, but then, to my delight, I learned that it was FAKE!!!! I didn't think I read it right, i mean, fake fur at Chanel? Is this even possible? Has some PETA following wizard confunded Karl into this? I will never know. BUT, I do love this new development, as many animals will not be killed in the name of fashion because of it.

So all in all, I liked most of this collection, but bits had me staring at the screen unable to decide what was going on, and my opinion.

Chanel Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearChanel Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearChanel Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearChanel Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

I liked these. Clearly, they are like the cold-weather twin of the classic Chanel, tweed and all. It looks warm, even for walking through strategically placed glaciers. Especially the boots. Nice clothes that actually keep you warm? Unheard of.

Chanel Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearChanel Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearChanel Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

The looks that confused me, above. I'm sorry, I don't like furry pants. They remind me of bears, which are scary and not fun to have hanging from your clothes.
Chanel Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearChanel Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearChanel Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearChanel Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

My like moments. I LOVE THE BOOTS. White shoes after Labor Day, it appears. My favorite is the top one, very classic with a twist.

Chanel Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

My love moment. I always love their wedding dresses, and this one is really just like snow. If I were getting married in the winter, it would be my first choice. (The Marchesa is my spring choice.) Then again, I'm not really close to getting married, so, this is rather pointless.

1 comment:

  1. DeeeeeRooooooooo,
    Nothing you say is pointless. You make some very thought provoking points and boy, do I just love this blog. XOXOXOXO
    And the Marchesa is mine

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message.