"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dior to Adore

John Galliano typically makes me a very happy girl. His resort collection this year is no exception. It is a gorgeous blend of extreme femininity and the late 50's - early 60's glamour that I so adore. It also incorporates more of the masculine side of things... but I won't even touch upon that. This is simply because I desperately dreaming of dresses (unintentional alliteration.. I did learn something this year!) and I can't even stand to think of wearing anything else in this heat.


Christian Dior Resort 2011

I am reminded vividly of the proud wife and homemaker of the fifties. All frills, lipstick, and sensible heels, perfect combination. I wish I lived in that era.

Christian Dior Resort 2011

If I were to add something to this outfit it would be a large pink poodle patch. Don't ask me why or where, it just has to be there.

Christian Dior Resort 2011

If I were to be so cliché I would say that this picture here is worth a description of a thousand words... but why would I ever say that? When I can simply call it elegant and romantic and sophisticated and beautiful... I wish I wore it to 8th grade graduation.

Christian Dior Resort 2011

This is very... young, but in a good way, not like baby young, but -- youthful and full of life. It has energy.

Christian Dior Resort 2011

I love it I love it I love it. It is just ladylike and prissy in the best way imaginable.

Christian Dior Resort 2011

When I was watching this show the Spoonful of Sugar song from Mary Poppins was playing in my head, perhaps because of the sugary sweetness of many of the looks. Anyway, I can't get it out of my head now and I thought maybe I'd inflict Julie Andrew's voice on some other people!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh I have that stuck in my head now. :)
    Did you send the blog posts to Anna? I can if you want, except I'm going to camp this week. I think she will suffocate if she goes 7 weeks without your blog.
    bye bye
    -Haley

    ReplyDelete
  2. no I haven't... have you sent a package yet? because we could send a joint one

    ReplyDelete
  3. possibly my fave post ever....as a toddler you sang A Spoon Full of Sugar while tootling around the Bring n Buy. let's have a reenactment when I get home from work.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message.