"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Alexander Wang Resort Wear

I am ridiculously behind the times and it's aggravating. My computer was... um... taken away, so I haven't had the time to do any of this here blogging! Annnnd, to add insult to injury, resort wear has come out-- and I've BARELY had a chance to look at it! The injustice is seething inside me! And so I must bring it into overdrive to catch up.

You may or may not be aware of my intense love for Alexander Wang. Well, now you are, at least. It is actually more of a nerd-like obsession (similar to those who are addicted to Justin Beiber, althoughI like to think my obsession is a bit more healthy) that began last September at his show, where I was so shocked to be so close to such brilliance that I just about lost my marbles. I could've said something, but I temporarily lost speech. Ever since, I've had photos of him and his collection up in my locker. Be very disturbed.


Alexander Wang Resort 2011

Ah, the minimalism. Awkward fitting sweaters, leather shorts, socks with sandals. How very perfect.


Alexander Wang Resort 2011

Structured blazers have a soft spot in my heart. To pair them with long johns takes a certain kind of bravery, and I fully respect whoever has the courage to do so. In addition, I really love how he has stayed true to his ascetic with the bag.

Alexander Wang Resort 2011

I so admire how he can turn the reputation of sandals with socks (hairy men on the beach with beer bellies, anyone?) into something chic and desirable.

Alexander Wang Resort 2011
YES

Alexander Wang Resort 2011

Pants nipped at the ankle are God's gift to the world. Maybe that was a tad dramatic, but I will stand by it.

I have far more to say in the matter of Resort Wear 2011...so I will be posting again-- tomorrow. That's a promise.

1 comment:

  1. ok about the leather shorts...dying for a pair. let's see about getting us both suited up. and i may need your sewing expertise. hope you had fun last night. congratulations...we are so proud of you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message.