"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Monday, May 31, 2010

Next Time I Shall Choose More Sensible Shoes

Well, I haven't really been writing a lot, considering that I had been posting 30 per month in January, so I'm going to do that some more.

Moving right along, yesterday my family and I went up to New York (not city, sadly) to look at the Storm King Sculpture Center. It's this gigantic outside museum in the middle of nowhere that displays sculptures in the woods and fields. The land itself is almost more beautiful than the art, which for me to say that, must make it nice, as I really don't appreciate nature and such too much. Even for someone who isn't a total art fanatic, the center is beautiful.



There were so very many statues just like these, everywhere you looked. I believe that they were done by the same artist--or else they were all done by artists who loved to copy each other. Not sure which. They were lovely because they looked different from every angle.


I thought that both the lake and the boat sitting on it were spectacular. I believe the boat once was practical for some type of sport in Australia, but that might be total rubbish I made up.



Like the sarcophagus of a half-giant encased in glass to protect from the nargles or something. I just liked this one.


There was some meaning to this, I remember they stopped the tram just to say it, but I don't remember so for the time being I'm just going to say it's pretty.


I found this terribly interesting, mainly because you could sit in it.


This looks like a flamingo from one angle, and then like some type of musical note from another.


The fake Easter Island head. I amused myself by pretending to pick its nose. So mature, I know.


Chocolate CAKE!!! Muahaha! I don't imagine the concrete and metal would taste all too great though...

It looks Japanese, but alas, is not.

My mother was misbehaving.

I just liked how the random rocks were strategically placed in the little meadow between the trees. It's as elegant as rocks can be.


This was my favorite because I'm still not quite sure how it works and because I really enjoyed standing under it, feeling invincible.


The view of the mountain/hills is magnificent.


It was like a little fern forest... We used to have a fern, and her name was Ferny. Then she died. Now we don't have a fern anymore.


POSING!!! Tory Burch tunic, Aqua shorts, Oakley shades, J. Crew Bag.


My mom's Hermés sandals. Let me just say that they were not the most sensible option, as we had to walk down and up hills in the forrest and this led to DIRT GETTING ON THEM. A sin of massive proportions. There is no denying that they are beautiful, though.

I have to go and kill that fly that's buzzing around my room now, it's driving me batty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message.