"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Sunday, May 16, 2010

and what have we here? part two

I lied. Last night I was too tired and too immersed in S.V.U. to even consider using my brain for anything at all. So, this is the continuation of my Chanel posting.

Chanel Resort 2011Chanel Resort 2011Chanel Resort 2011

Bits of my favorite part of the collection. The fabrics are so ethereally beautiful, floating in the breeze... The models remind me of smily little beach nymphs, not the angry ones that hide in the woods and bite your ears. That wouldn't be all that fun, I think. I also love the way that they don't have shoes, it's more of a foot jewelry. I would love to try to wear this lovely foot jewelry- but I wonder if it's comfortable? How would it manage to stay on? I don't think they were intended for practical use, but the styling gives it more of the resort feel, as well as the blue toe polish.

Chanel Resort 2011

I like big hats that entirely block the sun. These are especially pleasant when your skin is of the pasty type and burns easily. I have quite a bit of experience in that field, actually.

Chanel Resort 2011Chanel Resort 2011Chanel Resort 2011

It's the classic Chanel tweed, with a summer twist. I would just die if I were to be allowed to wear that beautiful jumpsuit, with the matching blazer. Die. I would, however, change the color because yellow doesn't go too well with the pasty skin mentioned earlier. Besides that, it's perfect. It is such magnificently conservative fabric, but the concept of the jumpsuit is so much more trendy and young. I absolutely adore the contrast. If I were some sort of primitive animal, I would be frothing at the mouth at the thought. Thankfully, I am a tad more sophisticated. Just a tad.

The über Greek gladiator sandals and toe rings (which I usually oppose), also truly complete the other looks.

To conclude, I love Chanel.

1 comment:

  1. Drew!
    you haven't updated in a week! sad face.
    the puppets look great by the way.
    ~Haley

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message.