"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Monday, May 24, 2010

my apologies to those of you who care

Well, I haven't really posted anything in like a week, but I do have an explanation. I got that awful stomach virus on Friday so I have been reduced to watching seven hours of Law and Order straight on the floor of my basement. And as much as I love that show, you can only stare mindlessly at a screen, seeing countless vics (oh yes, I use the proper terminology, thank you very much) die violently before you begin to lose your mind.

Alrighty, so here was my outfit on Friday, when I was still well enough to get out of the house.


My mother's Vineyard Vines shirt, my own Vineyard Vines belt, J.Crew shorts, Ralph Lauren socks.

I was channeling that 50's preppy look again that I am so very obsessed with. I think buttoning the top button made it far more preppy than it was already, even with the Vineyard Vines all over, just because it looked that much nerdier. I was going to wear my fake Chinatown glasses, but I thought that would perhaps push the theme a bit too far.

I believe that I am becoming a bit too attached to those oxfords. It's getting to the point now where I wear them once a week--sometimes more. I'm worried. My infatuation with them makes me worried that I'll end up scratching them or something. That would utterly destroy me. DESTROY. I think they are my favorite shoes! This is pushing my usual limitations, as I never chose favorites for fear of hurting the other shoes' feelings. I would be petrified that the other shoes would become jealous and kill me in the dead of night, like that doll, Chucky. I've never actually seen that movie, but I get the general gist of it, anyway. This is why my closet doors must stay closed every night. Just in case they do find out I am betraying them, I doubt they are strong enough to pull open the door.

Or are they???

There is really no purpose to adding these photos, I just like that it looks like I'm defying gravity in the first one (although it's really just my laziness that caused it {I didn't feel like editing, you see}), and that in the second I look like some sort of ghost. Spooky.

3 comments:

  1. That reminds me... I want to wear my sparkly oxfords.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also this is completely unrelated to your blog but my old laptop was just recalled because it has a tendancy to burst into flame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww.. but at least you have the new one!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message.