"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Monday, May 10, 2010

an O.C.D./A.D.D attack has led to my disgruntlement

The other day- to my ultimate surprise, I had what some would call an spaz attack. I decided I hated my room and that it needed to be fixed. At that very moment. In about an hour I had successfully managed to entirely rip my room to shreds. It was lovely. I wish I had pictures of it, but I was a little too full of my occasional attention deficit disorder to stop for even a minute.

In the end, I ended up breaking my bed frame (breaking, yes), stupidly falling off a bench and smacking my head on a night table (there is a bump on my head now -but you don't care about that), and sending my beautiful magazine collection to it's ultimate doom - the landfill. I had a collection of Vanity Fairs from three years ago to the present issue stacked neatly under my bed (I like the questionnaires in the back...), thick W's from 1993, maybe thirty Teen Vogues, and countless others. I can't imagine where they are now, scared and alone, waiting to be thrown in the incinerator, probably. I shudder to think of them now. I had at the least something that I loved about each of those issues... and I destroyed them. You can understand my frustration.

I replay the moment I threw them away in my mind now, because I do that. You won't need these, I thought. They're just more junk on you're floor... you've read them each twelve times... And alas, I gave into the devil on my shoulder.

The lesson to be learned from this (and I know I sound like some kindergarten teacher, but bear with me,) is that hoarding things is a good thing. We like hoarding, especially of fashion related things. It's nice, and it makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside- like that 1-800-Flowers guy would say to us. When I had my maybe 100 magazines stashed under my bed, there was always something to read when all my housewives shows aren't on. Now all I have left to do is finish Harry Potter 4 again- which believe me, I was going to do anyway, but some variation is always nice. Do not give into your O.C.D. tendencies, as I have, they will end in you're ultimate demise.

Maybe that's a little dramatic. Well, I plan to go to Barnes and Noble in Danbury tomorrow after school to try to restock a little bit- as we don't have any stores in Ridgefield that sell W- to my knowledge at least.

2 comments:

  1. ohhh haha thats what you were talking about in gym!! i got a little confused....
    haha you're so funny.
    -Haley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently cleaned my room as well. Threw out about 1000 issues of Seventeen Magazine.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message.