"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

dun dun dun dunnnn dun dun dun dunnnnn.... Never Mind, That Sounds Like Darth Vader's Theme Song.

Today marks the day that there are five days left until yours truly attends Parsons The New School for Design. I still have not received my course information or supply list though, and that dream of Tim Gunn is becoming more and more vivid. Speaking of which… have you seen the commercial for the new season of Project Runway? I’m very excited.

The J. Crew catalog came today. I pine for the soft Italian cashmere and knee-high leather boots, but they will come in due time. I have an excess of those already. Now, I must focus on something far more garish: feather jackets.


The glamour of this consumes me. A feather jacket such as this one would make it impossible to have a bad day, so it would be worn every day. This must sound really superficial of me, with material possessions making me happiest, and, well, I have no argument. It's true, and I enjoy every minute of it.

That, my dears, is what I call love at first sight. I wish I didn’t call everything else magnificent now, because then you would truly be able to understand my feelings towards this vest. You don’t know how many hours I have spent online shopping for this under $500. You can, however, imagine how much success I have yielded. Correct, none.

The catalog also gave me an idea. Actually, that’s not fair, It didn’t give me an idea, I stole it.

 Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

White brogues with a wedding dress! I think that they will be my shoes of choice when I marry, not that I don’t have twenty years to change my mind…

9 comments:

  1. I just saw something on feather jackets in a magazine... I love your blog! Haha. Mine is prettttty lame in comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am excited for project runway , although bravo seems to have put models of the runway on the chopping block and are putting in another show to fill in the ten to eleven o'clock time slot. Did you know of this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And drew you might enjoy topshops blog , it is still nothing compared to yours but it is still entertaining.
    http://us.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=33060&storeId=13052&categoryId=216199&langId=-1&top=Y

    ReplyDelete
  4. july 29th!!! and i had no idea they were taking models of the runway off, but i think i only watched like 2-3 episodes of it anyway

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, its on tonight words can't even begin to touch how excited i am.How long have you been watching?

    ReplyDelete
  6. since season 3. i'm so glad they only stayed in LA for a year, that season was awful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know ! finally someone who understands, did you watch the show that replaced models of the runway? it's called Austin and santino ,although the theme of it is kinda cliche i am a fan of Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh and Casanova from project runway in my opinion why should he be on the show? Once again the only one who's got it right is Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just feel like commenting to say this is your 100th post! yay!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message.