"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Friday, July 9, 2010

Oh, the drama, how it delights me

23 DAYS UNTIL PARSONS!!! (not counting today, because then the number is smaller)

There are some thoughts weighing heavily on me today as I suck on ice cubes and do some online (window) shopping. Deep, dark, thoughtful thoughts.

The first of which was why a person such as myself must remain at a mere 61 1/2 inches (but then a thought came to me: heels)


(from left to right: Michael Kors {entire look}, Salvatore Ferragamo {entire look} from w magazine's 'best in show')



And the second thought was more of a "WHERE CAN I GET THIS??? NOW?! ALL OF IT!!!!" type thing. Excluding the fur bag, of course. It is how I would care to look every single day of my life, and it is perhaps almost exactly what I envision myself wearing when daydreaming of me+10 years working at Vogue.

Cutting to the chase, the Michael Kors look makes me have a fit of happiness. A cashmere bodysuit? And a skirt that buttons down? With a belt to add? And boots that look suspiciously like suede? So streamlined, so.... perfect, I don't know where to begin.

The Ferragamo look happens to be my absolute favorite though. It reads, "I am moving away from my troublesome (and perhaps scandalous?) past to find new prospects in the city, and I will get there on an old fashioned train (because it is somewhere in the mid-1950's) in which I have my own car- because I have money out the ears. Once arriving, I will become wildly successful, marry the dark-eyed co-star,(after resolving a traumatic fight where my true history is revealed that I was previously married to a dangerous, but madly handsome man) have three children and live happily ever after. The end." After all that, how can you not love it?

So now I must leave and get up to date on the newer w magazine that I received in the mail just this afternoon.

2 comments:

Please leave a message.