"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Monday, July 12, 2010

A Smashing Good Time! {pun intended.}

I was fortunate enough to be in the city on the 4th of July to watch the Macy's fireworks atop Pier 92 (my father's place of work). I intended to put the photos up earlier but I somehow found doing nothing far more pressing.

The fireworks were marvelous, even more so than on TV- and the event gave me a chance to wear some red lipstick! Not that I wouldn't have some up with one anyway.


That's my Vogue shot, in a Tory Burch top, J. Crew sunglasses, and Clinique lipstick.



There was a spectacular view of the newest, biggest cruise line, the Epic (or Epoc, as my mother calls it) from the pier. Those of us who are a bit cynical were thinking it'd be the next Titanic. Just saying.

We also went aboard the Intrepid the next day, which is really great if you're into that sort of thing. The heat on the flight deck was a bit of a magilla though. In my Little Miss Stubborn t-shirt, no-name madras skirt, and Coach sunglasses.

We also went to this lovely little French café called La Bergamote on W 52nd that has aMAZing cappuccinos and opera cake.

20 DAYS UNTIL PARSONS!!! RAH RAH RAH!!!

***edit-photo credits go to my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message.