"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Friday, July 16, 2010

The Inspiration That Will Ultimately Lead to Fixation

Remember in Pretty in Pink when Andie wore the lace top and cardigan over the floral jeans? Well, I was watching that today and I am positively mesmerized. MESMORIZED. Now I need a pair of those jeans. NEED.

At first, I thought the solution was simple: just paint over a pair of white jeans that I never wear. Ah, but that could never happen! It’s far too easy. In order for the powers above to be happy, I must sweat over my clothing needs for a long time until they are fulfilled in the most difficult way necessary. In other words, my mother stamped on my idea. And she did it brutally, with five-inch heels on.

So now I actually have to spend money in order to feed my fixation. How I hate it when this happens. So while surfing the Topshop site, I have found a candidate.

Ditsy Printed Peg Leg Jeans

(topshop.com)

These look like they would fit more awkwardly and they are more feminine, so I like them. I do not care how 80's they happen to be, because I love them dearly (though I've only seen them online...) and everyone is entitled to a little bit of 80's. Don't judge me, please. My ultimate mission is to wear them with that Free People blouse that I showed here earlier in the summer. With that huge pearl necklace and Kenzie wedges. I will breathe easier only then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message.