"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dear Marc Jacobs,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your Fall 2010 ready-to-wear collection for Louis Vuitton. I can tell you quite honestly that I have never loved anything else with such intensity. It is something that we so desperately need in these times, femininity! You see, I’ve been agonizing over these ridiculous utilitarian and rock n’ roll and gothic and really just trends with no softness. It was like everyone had forgotten about the beauty in such classic glamour, about what women are supposed to look like: beautiful. It seemed for a moment there that feminine and delicacy was mistaken for weakness, while everyone stomped about in their leather pants and platform over-the-knee boots. But it’s not! You shouldn’t have to be dressed so hard and severe to be seen as strong! To the contrary, your gorgeous clothing portrays nothing if not strength in a woman! We shouldn’t have to dress like men to appear to be equal; we should dress like women and be exceedingly better! So I thank you for reminding us of that.

I also love love love love the 50’s inspiration, so ladylike. There wasn’t a skirt above the knee in that entire collection, (much less pants) yet it was so sexy without being vulgar. It highlighted the best parts of a woman, and cleverly disguised the rest. It showed women how they really are, with curves. Most of us don’t look like teenage boys, and it’s refreshing to see someone design for that part of the population.

And by the way, I also taped every single one of the 54 looks in that collection (55 if you include the photo of you on the runway) to my wall so I can stare at it for hours on end without my computer dying.

And the ad campaign is so beautiful I could cry.

Also, I love you.

Always,

Drew

Louis Vuitton Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearLouis Vuitton Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearLouis Vuitton Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearLouis Vuitton Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearLouis Vuitton Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear


3 comments:

  1. I love them all, but the 4th one. Like its a nice design, but it doesn't flatter the model. Maybe on someone else...
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the third one! it looks so boarding school yet ladylike ish, i don't know that's probably just me. and the letter is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message.