"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous."
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

i want overalls? how very bizarre.

I never thought that I would say this, but I want a pair of overalls. Yes, yes, I know, overalls are typically associated with toothless hillbillies, and I once thought that the only way I could wear them would be if I moved to Alabama to work on a beet farm. Not so anymore. I was looking through spring 2010 Ralph Lauren, and I found all the light- wash oversized denim surprisingly chic.

Ralph Lauren Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear

Little House on the Prairie, except with more magical shoes. I love the ruffles and the hat. A perfect duo, if you ask me. I also enjoy how they are randomly frayed and hole- y.

Ralph Lauren Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear

It's like one of those urban caps that you see men wear while rushing to work with a newspaper in one hand and a large, black coffee in another. What's more interesting to me is the contrast of the urban head, country body, and glamourous feet. Yet, somehow, it all manages to flow together seamlessly.

Ralph Lauren Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear

Ralph Lauren Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear

There is something so scholarly about an oxford shirt buttoned up all the way. It says, "I'm a nerd, and I don't care." A good nerd though, one who gets all the answers right on all the tests, but never does the homework, or something like that. Perhaps a rebellious nerd. Yes, a rebellious nerd would enjoy this look. Sensational.

Ralph Lauren Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear

SHA-ZAMMMM. Sorry for my enthusiasm. A denim vest, a jean jacket, aaaaaand cuffed jeans all in one outfit and all in the same wash? Madness. How do they think of these things? Because they are a bunch of leprechauns, that's why. Only leprechauns could create this type of thing. I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message.